Foot Notes Dance Studio – Updated Mar 8, 2021
CMOH 05-2021 protocols are in effect. For more info go to https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
- Masks must be worn by :
- trainers at all times
- clients at all times during low intensity individual and group exercise.
- 3 metre physical distancing must be maintained at all times, regardless of the type or intensity of exercise. This includes:
- between pairs of trainers and clients – sessions cannot interact
- in entryways and exits
Restrictions for training sessions
- Trainers must be professional, certified and/or paid trainers who are providing active instruction and correction. Passive supervision of a physical activity is not considered training.
- Each trainer can only interact with their assigned client, and each client can only interact with their assigned trainer. No interaction between clients or between trainers is allowed.
- ‘Cycling through’ multiple trainers (as in circuit training) is not permitted.
- Only students taking private lessons and Instructors are permitted and must be in compliance with all current AHS Guidelines
- Foot Notes Dance Studio is NOT open to the public at this time
- Masks must be worn entering and leaving the studio (City of Edmonton Bylaw)
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19; with a history of international travel in the last 14 days; or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home.
Entering and Exiting the studio
- When you enter the studio, please be mindful of keeping 2m physical distance from anyone else in the foyer area. If required, please wait for them to exit the building.You must be wearing a mask.
- Sanitize your hands with the provided sanitizer, or your own. (60% alcohol or higher)
- Limit physical contact by using online payment and registration or tap payment if required.
- Do not congregate to chat inside the studio.
- Please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before your appointment or scheduled class to avoid crowding.
- Students should enter the studio with the bare minimum required for their lesson. Bags, purses, and additional articles of clothing should be left in your vehicle.
- Water bottles should not be left in the studio and should be clearly marked.
- Appointments and classes will be spaced 15 minutes apart to allow for sanitizing and to allow time for people to exit.
- Please use the chairs provided at 2m intervals around the ballroom to change shoes and hang your coats as required.
- The cloak room and sofas will not be in use.
Sanitation at Foot Notes
- In addition to routine facility cleaning protocols, increase frequency of sanitation of high traffic areas, common areas, public washrooms as well as commonly touched surfaces and shared equipment (such as water fountain handles, doorknobs, handrails, light switches, countertops, tables, equipment handles and consoles).
- A written cleaning and disinfecting schedule is recommended. Staff to document the time a specific area is cleaned.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning of floors to reduce the risk of transmission from shared objects (e.g., balls) and those who use wheelchairs.
- Provide hand sanitizer throughout the facility and ensure that hand washing sinks are fully stocked with soap and paper towels.
- Follow the cleaning and disinfecting guidance in the General Relaunch Guidance and AHS’ Public Health Guidelines for Environmental Cleaning of Public Facilities during Respiratory Illnesses in the Community.
- Follow the disinfectant label instructions for use.
- Consult the manufacturer’s instructions before applying disinfectant to any potentially sensitive equipment in the facility (i.e. touch pads, electronics).
- Ensure that used cleaning supplies are properly disposed of in a lined waste bin that is emptied at least daily.